Didn’t Friday Randomness (Blow Your Mind This Time)?
1. You know, I’ve been talking a lot about a certain movie (which I should probably stop doing because even I am getting sick of it) and its related tie-ins lately. And while you may think that Funky Carter has become monotonous over the last couple months, I assure you there is more to me than that. For example, I got word from my mom just last night that she saw an endcap full of Dark Knight candy at Target. I couldn’t find anything about it online (save for this unhelpful site), but she tells me there are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the shape of the bat symbol (dark chocolate, of course), and my favorite, Reese’s Pieces, in some sort of Batman colors. Suffice it to say I will investigate and report back with my findings on Monday.
2. The video is whack, but I’m seriously digging this dude right now. Which means it’s only a matter of time before one of his songs becomes nauseatingly ubiquitous and I can’t get in to his shows.
3. Exciting news! I just glanced at my bank account online and found that my George W. Bush “What Recession?” rebate has been deposited. Do I think these rebates will help stimulate the economy at all? Oh, hell no. But I am also psyched to get $600 for no real reason, so I will refrain from saying anything harsh about “The W Stands for Worst President Ever” for the remainder of this post. Except I just did. It’s a knee-jerk reflex; I can’t help it.
4. Speaking of Dubya, did you see the pictures of Josh Brolin in character for Oliver Stone’s new movie? Click the link, and while you do that, I’m going to spend some of my free government money on advance Indiana Jones tickets. I’ll meet you back here in five minutes.
5. Anyway, as I was saying, the free cash is good, because I still do not have a job. The interview I had on Tuesday was top notch — if I was into sports analogies, I’d say I knocked it out of the park — but my record high testing scores have not yet netted me a job. I remain optimistic, however; I’m going to stay on this lady about placing me. And soon. Because I need money, yes, but also because unemployment is driving me bonkers. I don’t know how people do it.
Enjoy your weekends. Keep your eyes peeled for Batman snacks. I’ll see you Monday morning, same bat time, same bat channel.